Tuesday, September 27, 2016

New Metallica

I just heard the second song made public from the new Metallica album "Hardwired... To Self-Destruct".

The first song they published, Hardwired, was a short thrash right-in-your-face song. I loved both the song and the sound. It was not crushed by a limiter as most of the songs was on the "Death Magnetic" album. The new album seems to have an overall fatter and bigger sound. The only thing I noticed was a just too clicky sound on the base drum, but that I can live with. I really good introduction to the new album!!



The second song "Moth into Flame" shows a slightly different Metallica I think. Okay, as soon as you here the riffs and the drums, wah-solo and the vocals, you unmistakably know it's Metallica. But there are some new spices in the mix. For example the harmonic guitar part before the pre-chorus and the harmony vocals in the same.  Some new spices, but it tastes good!


I am really in waiting now for the release of the full 2 CD album. If the rest of the songs have this hight quality this will be a full on thrash fest. Uahhh!! Yeahh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment