Saturday, July 27, 2013

Tremolo stabilizer

Hi!

Today I finally replaced the Göldo Back Box in my BC Rich with a Hipshot Tremsetter! As you might have seen I have always used the Tremsetter before, but I got curious about the Back Box. Read the whole story here.

This is how the Back Box looked installed:


First I removed the Back Box, springs, and the old spring holder. I then installed the Tremsetter springholders.


Then comes the scary part of the installation :-D. To be able to install the Tremsetter you have to drill a hole in the guitar. 

This is how it looks when all is installed. The attentive reader can see that I changed the setup once during the installation. As the picture above shows I first installed the double spring holder and one of the single spring holder. This means that I had three springs in the setup. After test driving and adjusting I did not like the feel. It was to rigid. I therefore decided to remove one of the springs and hence you see only two singe spring holders in the following picture.


This is a close up showing the drilled hole and why you need that hole. The Tremsetter pin needs to go into the hole to fit into the cavity. The hole has to bee deep enough to swallow the pin when the whammy bar is lifted to the max.


Well, what can I say. Nothing beats the Tremsetter! I know that it is a little bit tricky to install and adjust, but if you know how to do it you end up with a really good whammy system. I like to have the tremsetter spring pretty much tightened so that the bending is fairly normal and uni bends requires no extra bend on the non bent note.This of cause requires more muscle to operate the whammy. But hey! I have no problem with that, I'm a viking!!



Rock on fellow guitarists, and the rest of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment