Thursday, July 18, 2013

My guitar rig right now

Hi!

I mentioned before that I was planning to show you my guitar rig. So today I will do that. 

The center of my guitar rig today consists of my ENGL Powerball 100 W head and my ENGL 4x12 standard slanted cabinet. I also have an old Marshall straight 4x12 cabinet at the bottom. I bought that just to have something to place the ENGL cabinet on so that I could hear it better. But I actually have it connected too. At my feet I have a pedal board with some pedals and a midi controller and in the back next to my amp I have a rack with two pull out shelves with some more pedals and the channel switcher for the amp. Almost everything is controlled by midi. Here is a schematic picture of the whole setup. I have disregarded the power supplies and all the power connections to make the picture readable :-).

On the pedal board all the signal cables are made with Lava Cable solder-free right angle pedalboard kits. That was a really nice and compact solution. All the wiring on in the rack is still done with normal right angle connectors soldered together by your's truly. This works but it is not by far as nice as the Lava Cable solution. I was thinking about replacing this wiring with Lava Cable, but it have to wait now of reasons I will tell you later. 

So how do I use this? Well, as I mentioned before everything is controlled by the G Lab GSC-2. I'm not going to even begin to tell you how I programmed the whole setup, but this is how I use it. I use 8 pedals on the GSC-2 to change sounds and the other two to navigate between the different banks in the GSC-2. The different banks have almost the same sound layout, but some aspect is different. E.g. one bank uses fuzz for all distorted sounds and one bank has phaser together with distorted rythm instead of the octave below etc. This is the base for the layouts, my most used one. 
Sound layout on the midi controller
One additional function is the possibility to control the tempo of the delay. This is done by repeatedly tapping on the same footswitch in sync with the tempo of the song. It does not matter on which footswitch, but not one used for bank navigation. This means that the tempo of the delay can be set even when the delay is not used. Nice!

Okay, this was a short description of my guitar rig. Alot of things, but it sounds nice and I have a lot of sounds at my disposal. 

Rock on! 


No comments:

Post a Comment