Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend to an end

Hi there!

Not everything in my life is music. This weekend for me has been entirely focused on running. I ran the worlds largest half marathon, Göteborgsvarvet, for the third time. Göteborgsvarvet is a real town festival! This year about 200 000 people was gathered along the 21 km long track cheering for the 64 000 runners. As you might have guessed it was a little crowded on the track, but it was quite okay. It always is since the spirit of the people running, the spectators and the functionaries are really nice and pleasant. People are having outdoor barbecues along the track or just drinking beer and enjoying themselves as they watch the runners go by. There are also about 50 music stations around the track that help us runners to keep the spirit up and they deliver everything from live folk music to metal covers. Nice!!

The goal for me this year was to reach the finishing line, and I did :-)  It was no easy ride beyond 16 km. A big portion of determination and stubbornness carried me to the end and today I have had, as Ace said, trouble walkin´.


Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment