Friday, May 30, 2014

Changing guitars!

Hi again!

Back to guitars and music :-) I am right now selling my Gibson Explorer 7-string and an Grass Roots guitar.

The Gibson Explorer 7-string is a good and cool guitar. The first owner did a really nice job polishing the varnish away from the backside of the neck. Usually the varnish on a Gibson neck sticks to your fingers when playing, but that is not a problem with this guitar! The EMG707:s delivers as usual. I have done some re-coupling  of the pots on it. I cannot play with the separate volume controls for neck and bride pickups. I will change that back before I sell it.

Here it is!

I'm also selling a more unusual guitar. It's a Grass Roots but I don't know the model name. As I understand it Grass Roots is part of the ESP family and it is only sold in Asia. Someone here in Sweden had imported this guitar and I bought it from him some years ago. After setting it up correctly it turned out to be a really nice guitar. It looks cool with it's ESP f-shape in some brown animal blotchy painting. The original pickups was crappy so I replaced them with a set from my old Charvel by Jackson model 6 and the result was awesome.

Here it is!

I am selling the Gibson explorer because I miss having a Floyd Rose and 24 frets. The Grass Roots I sell just to limit my guitar collection a bit. :-)

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment