Saturday, February 9, 2013

Jimi-pedal!

Hi there!

Today I got delivered something I have been waiting to get my hands on for quite some time now. A Jimi Hendrix 70th Anniversary Tribute Series Univibe JHM3.


I had a univibe effect before when I had a VOX Tonelab LE. I liked the sound a lot, but since I have another setup now, with a stack and pedals, I have not been able to use the univibe for a while. I have not really looked around for one, but as I recall they are all quite expensive, rather big and they often require some strange voltage and often even AC power. But for a month ago or something I discovered this little pedal from MXR. A compact, cheap and, on youtube, really nice sounding unit.

Dunlop and MXR has released three anniversary tribute pedals to selebrate Jimi's 70th birthday. The Univibe, a Fuzz Face and an Octavio. This is a youtube video showing them all off.

The pedals are limited edition but I managed to get one of the last I guess, only 103 left :-).



I have not tried the pedal in my rig yet, but I managed to get a couple of hours with it connected to my somewhat smaller practice stack.





Verdict: I sounds awesome!! Can't wait to hook it up in my real rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment